Sunday, October 18, 2009

MAME for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope 9.04

100_4032Just thought I would jot down the steps needed to get Mame up and running on my newly upgraded arcade cabinet.

Get SDLMame Source Code (skip the bin package as that wont be compiled for your specific CPU unless you are running Amd64):
http://sdlmame.wallyweek.org/download/

Untar the source into a tmp folder:
tar zxvf sdlmame-source.tar.gz /usr/local/src

Install the following packages for ubuntu:
sudo apt-get install build-essential
sudo apt-get install libsdl-dev
sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev
sudo apt-get install libgconf2-dev

Compile:
cd /usr/local/src/sdlmame-1xx
make
Go watch a movie it will take quite a bit of time before it is finished

Install:
sudo make install

3 comments:

  1. I just tried this with v135 on Ubuntu 9.10 and it works until I try the install command. I get this:

    make: *** No rule to make target `install'. Stop.

    Any ideas why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I may have misspoke as there doesnt appear to be an install target in there. I just copied the binaries in the source folder manually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate the time to write this post

    ReplyDelete